Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whispered Love Notes from our Guardians

Sometimes in life, we need to take the time to really see the beauty all around us for what it really is. God does not come down in fiery clouds and glorious praise, but visits us in small and precious ways. I found a collection of photos online of beautiful and natural representations of Angels. The first is a uniquely shaped piece of wood on a fallen tree. Its angelic form is so obvious and yet most people would probably not notice if they were walking along. I feel that the woods are a sacred place where our hearts resonate with the energy of our Mother Earth. Seems like that little angel made of wood is sitting on the log, contemplating the trees just as I do. (Mom, you are the inspiration for this one. Thank you for sharing your love and connection with the trees and with God and all his wonderful creatures)

The next is not a picture that looks like an angel, but if we could see them- I would imagine him sitting on that chair, in the sun with the cats. Just look at the animal's peaceful expression, as if they had some loving presence enjoying the evening with them. Animals are so much more sensitive to spiritual things- they always speak from the heart, instead of just living in their heads, where we get trapped so often in life. It reminds me of the story of Saul -I believe it was- who was riding to a city against God's will and he hardened his heart against the promptings of the Spirit. His donkey kept turning away from the path because he could hear the message loud and clear. Finally, as Saul was kicking the mule and saying how stupid it was, it opened its mouth and spoke, telling him what was so obvious to anyone that had ears and Saul was rebuked for not listening. I probably got the story wrong but the point is, animals are sensitive to the spirit because they take the time to slow down and live in the here and now- as should we all.




The last is a beautiful form of light up in the trees and I like this one because I always think of spirits sitting in high places, watching over us all the time- just like in one of my favorite movies, City of Angels with Nicholas Cage (if you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest watching! its wonderful) Its a funny thing, but whenever I see a plastic bag caught in a tree or a balloon getting blown around, or something like that- I always think of what fun "ghosts" must have playing with these light yet physical objects. Its as if a plastic bag in a tree provides the perfect spot to see everything from up high- yet, since they have no bodies, are nestled in something that is light enough to move around and somehow makes them feel more connected to the physical world. Its such a silly thought that I always laugh and shake my head- but just because its childish, doesn't mean its not fun to think about. And lastly, I like this picture because it reminds me of my spirit animal, watching over me from above but not too far away, reminding me to be true to myself.
Its sights like these ordinary yet special pictures that remind me to take the time to think of our unseen guardians. Take the time to feel their loving presence every day and you will find yourself enjoying life more and uplifting those around you- which is my personal prayer everyday. I hope you enjoyed this little menagerie of beautiful photographs and if you wanted to see more, you can see them at centerofbeing.com where I first saw them. Next time you feel a warm kiss of wind or see a stray feather on the ground, or any omen that you associate with, think of all the people that love you- weather they are seen or unseen, they are always right beside you.

(And now you know where my desire to draw angels comes from. I always want to share how I feel when I get a whispered love-note from my angel guardians. I want to become a great artist so that when I paint or draw, I can share the inspiration and warm glow that comes from being sensitive to the loving presences all around us)

No comments: