Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bug Project

So our little project on the side was to make several thumbnails of different textures... as seen here ----V















Then we were to take those textures and make them into bugs. It was a fun little project and my favorite is the one on the top with antennae sticking out. I call it the "Puzzlebox Beatle" because the designs on its legs and back and such remind me of the wood designs you see on one of those chinese puzzle boxes. I couldnt get the camera to show detail very well so you'll just have to use the examples above and your imagination. But that's whats so great about art- you dont have to take it at face value, everyone gets their own interpretation out of it!



(If you click on the picture it will show the detail much better! I also inked the Puzzlebox Beatle..hopefully it worked to help the picture show up better)

No comments: