Monday, September 22, 2008

A work in progress..




This is one I did while out on the lawn the other day. It is a study of some of Law's work... and by the way when I speak of Law, I mean Stephanie Pui-Mun Law the watercolorist and fantasy artist. My husband says I "idolise" her too much, but thats not true. I only worship the ground she paints on, thats all! I want to be just like her, but in my own way of course (I dont want to BE her).
I just couldnt get the angel's face right no matter how many times I tried, so she is wearing a blindfold. I always thought that ties and blindfolds on angels were symbolic in many ways. Also, it looks like her hand is raised in freedom but why is her other hand behind her back? hmm....
Anyway, this is just a work in progress. I feel like I am getting better everyday- that is, when I've been practicing everyday. And that's what its all about! Progress, my dears, progress.

No comments: