Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sorrow Embraced


Yesterday I felt very sad and lonely while I was at school- it happens from time to time. I felt so miserable I just sat down and cried for a while, but when I was done I felt... cleansed. I drew this picture right after, so its a bit rough, but I wanted to depict the feeling of loneliness and sorrow and that its ok to feel these feelings. The Angel is acting as a witness to this boy's sorrow and isnt trying to take it away or make him stop- simply feeling his emotions with him and sitting with his pain. The golden butterflies are representing golden light that helps heal and release. The tree is similar to the Angel in that it only sits with the emotions and helps cleanse all thoughts and feelings. The stones are steadfast reminders just to be what you ARE- a stone will never be anything other than a stone. The tiny red flowers represent our raw emotions in this life- sometimes vibrant and uncontrollable, but always beautiful and perfect the way they are. When we stop ourselves from feeling particular emotions or feelings about a certain thing, we stop the natural flow of life. Its such a cleansing feeling to just express something in all its rage or sorrow or joy and then let that feeling go. Its the natural way of life and there is Joy in experiencing and expressing the full spectrum of ourselves. So the thought for today is try to be a little less rigid in your thoughts and actions- live a little! You just might start enjoying yourself... heaven forbid.

No comments: